We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. The Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and email address for registration or opt-in purposes and name and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. If you have accessed our site via a social media platform, such as Facebook, we may collect information related to your social media account, such as your handle or identifier on that platform. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site, and web beacons, to access cookies, count users who visit the Site, or open HTML-formatted email messages.
We use the information we collect from you while you are using the Site in a variety of ways, including making other offers available to you via email, direct mail or otherwise. We also may provide your information to third parties, such as service providers, contractors and third-party publishers and advertisers for a variety of purposes. Unless you inform us in accordance with the process described below, we reserve the right to use, and to disclose to third parties, all of the information collected from and about you while you are using the Site in any way and for any purpose, such as to enable us or a third party to provide you with information about products and services.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Personal Information Our Company Collects And How It Is Used:
Members may be asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Products or Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Members during the registration process (or at any other time) is used primarily to provide a customized experience while using our Products and Services. Your information will never be disclosed, traded, licensed or sold to any third party. However, we may make limited disclosure of personal information under the specific circumstances described below.
The Types of Information We Collect and Store:
Some of the information we may collect about you and store in connection with the provision and fulfilment of our services to you may include:
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- PayPal Email Address
- Masked Credit Card Information (for refunds)
- Other responses to surveys and questionnaires
- Sign-up source
- Date of account creation
- Date of account updates
- Email open clicks
- IP address
- Time stamp
- Login history
- Order details
- Testimonials, with your authorization
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including: Date of account creation, Date of account updates, IP country, Time stamp, Email open clicks, Login history, Order details, Location, Country
How We Use Your Personal Information:
The above personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, or promote our Service
- To contact you
- When you have opted in to receive email messaging
- To respond to your email inquiries. Specifically, when Visitors or Members send email inquiries to us, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive.
- To monitor and analyze trends such as:
- Purchase history
- Sales reports
- Behavior on the Site
- Email clicks and opens
- To market our products and services through email marketing
- Perform accounting, administrative and legal tasks
Who We Share Your Data With Outside of Our Organization and Why:
We may provide limited disclosure of personal information to Guest Speakers involved in The New Human Summit. Guest Speakers may utilise this data to provide information about relevant products and services to you. You may opt out from receiving marketing communications from any of The New Human Summit Guest Speakers at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails they may send you.
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Site, to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations, including through the execution of GDPR-compliant Data Privacy Agreements or Addenda, as applicable.
Cookies and Tracking Tools
- To remember your country and language preferences
- To deliver information that matches your interests
- To help us understand our audience and traffic patterns
- To let you automatically log into programs and parts of our site that require membership
- To manage and present site info displayed on our website that will be specific to you
We may at some point in the future also use Web Beacons to collect non-personal data on how you use our site, such as how long did you visit our page, what web browser you’re using, what’s your operating system, and who’s your Internet service provider.
In addition we may also use Google Analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website. This data when collected is collated with thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This helps us build a better website to match our visitors’ needs.
We may also place small “tracker gifs” or “beacons” on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our emails. We may use these beacons, in connection with Cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, NetScape), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other websites.
You may also opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page:http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page:
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this Site from within the EEA, you have certain rights with respect to your data. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- If you request that your account be deleted, you will lose access to all of our programs in which you are actively registered.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.